Great Guys need Great Plans
We know there is a lot to think about when planning a wedding, so we have put together a list of questions and what your next steps should be to help you with planning the groom’s and groomsmen’s outfits.
Questions to consider:
- What season and month are the wedding?
- What time of day will the wedding be held?
- What is the location of the wedding? Will it be indoor or outdoor?
- Will it be a casual or formal affair?
- What is your vision for what the bridal party will wear?
- Are there certain colors or fabrics that you would like to incorporate?
- How many people will you be outfitting? Groomsmen? Ring bearers? Fathers?
- Are there any unusual sizes? Would the guys be more comfortable in Regular Fit or Slim Fit?
- Is there a budget that you are trying to stay within?
The next steps after choosing an outfit for the guys:
- Decide on the shirts, ties, shoes and accessories
- Get the sizes of all the members of the party — jacket, pant, and shirt are the most important
- Decide on how the payment of the garments will be handled. Is the groom paying for all or part of the outfits? Are the groomsmen paying for their own outfits? (Miltons will not alter a garment until it is paid in full)
- Does anyone live out of state? We can ship a garment to them so they can get alterations completed in their local area
- Determine the timing — It is best to give approximately 2 months time. This allows for ordering of any sizes that we do not have in store, time for the groomsmen to come into the store to get fitted, and 2 weeks time for alterations.
Ready to Get Started?
Meet with one of our professionals at our stores, or browse our online catalog.